Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Week 5 Topic - It Gets Better

In relation to the topic of the bullying of gay teens, an online campaign has recently started as  sub-project of The Trevor Project. The campaign is targeted towards those who feel isolated, and who may be contemplating suicide (New York Times). Several celebrities have created messages directed towards these teens, letting them know that it does get better.

I happen to love these videos, and feel they project such a positive, yet emotional, message. One of the musicals I got to see over the summer was "Memphis." The cast of the show created a message for the campaign.  There are many videos out there on YouTube. Check them out, if you haven't already.

This is one of my favorites.

2 comments:

  1. I've been watching these too as I have found them online and they are so moving. My favorite is the one Tim Gunn put together. So much hostility is out there, it's great people are voicing their true feelings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great campaign! I think hearing stories from actual victims lends some credence to others going through this painful, and needless, situation. They will hopefully realize that if this person has gone through what I am experiencing and made it, then so can they. It is wonderful to hear that so many people care about and want to help gay victims of bullying.

    Posted by Ande Gibbs

    ReplyDelete