I really liked the points in this article about Facebook settings. It had a lot of interesting security features listed that I had no idea existed. One is the idea of not allowing people to see who your friends are. I thought that was a cleaver idea that might help protect individuals identity. Another thing that I currently access on my own account is not allowing people to post on my Wall. I had a lot of weird posts and ended up researching how to block it. It's much better having peace of mind now not having to worry about strange posts.
10 Privacy Settings Every Facebook User Should Know
Thanks for posting such a helpful tool for safeguarding our information on Facebook. I didn't realize there were that many options for securing data, especially the pictorial data.
ReplyDeleteI had no idea either that you could block some of those things. My store page has it set so that no one can post to the wall but I didn't even consider that for my personal page. I don't accept friend requests from people I don't talk to regularly so I don't think I would need to do that but it is good to know. I could see celebrities wanting to do that.
ReplyDeleteEvery time there is talk of changing security settings on Facebook I go through what the settings are and continue to update the ones I have already set. I work with youth but also coach and play rugby. Some times these two interests don't correlate very well, so the use of different settings for different groups is handy. My only fear is that the settings will be changed once again. I try to make sure there is nothing that I would be ashamed of (or as some put it, not want my grandmother or mother to see) but controlling others post can be the issue.
ReplyDelete